What is a Health Trainer?
The Health Trainer programme is a free and confidential service led by Health Trainers who are qualified to provide information, support and guidance on a range of lifestyle topics in order to enable you to lead a healthier lifestyle and improve your wellbeing.
They are trained to:
- Signpost people to appropriate services, activities, and specialist organisations relevant to supporting their health
- Deliver healthy lifestyle activities in partnership with existing services
- Provide one-to-one motivational support to help people adopt and sustain healthy behaviours
- Provide smoking cessation advice and support to quit
The Health Trainers can provide support with:
- Encouraging healthy eating
- Increasing physical activity
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Safer alcohol levels
- Stress Management
- Identifying broader determinants like housing, employment, debt issues etc. which are impacting on your health and signposting to relevant agencies